Friday, July 11, 2008

When in Rome...

So we made it to Rome. Pretty tired, but in one piece :) Yesterday, we wandered around the city and saw the Trevi Fountain (gorgeous!) and the Pantheon... both amazing. Today we spent the day in Vatican city... no we didn't see the pope. I had my heart set on a good pope story, but alas he is at his summer house. We spent the day in the Vatican Museum (The Sistine Chapel - oh man, you have no idea) and also in St. Peter's Church... that one pretty much topped all of the churches we've seen so far. I can't wait to share all of my pics with you! Tomorrow we will see the Colosseum and ruins - really excited about that one. Then we have one day to relax before our 18 hour travel day back to the states. We'll then go to Mammoth for a week with our fam... please keep praying for us as we finish our trip and travel back home!

I hope all is well with everyone. I feel so cut off from the world when I'm in a different country - weird. Well, more cut off from my friends :) I can't wait to see you all and swap some stories. If you've never traveled Europe... be careful! The travel bug will get ya bad!

Brooke (before I forget) - will you PLEASE save me a chile rilleno (sp?) since I'm missing that meal?? I will love you forever if you do... and also if you don't hehe. You're such a good cousin. And don't forget pics to update me on your life.

No comments: