Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Playing Tourist

I went to visit Jo this weekend in Burbank and we did all sorts of fun things in a span of 48 hours. We started the weekend off at a fun little sushi bar that had a 9-12 happy hour. Saturday morning we had brunch/mimosas (my fav!) at the Eclectic Wine Bar and Grille in North Hollywood. That afternoon we played tourist in downtown Hollywood. I totally forgot it was Oscar weekend so it was a bit crazy but so fun to see all the set up for the awards. We saw the red carpet and all the huge Oscar statues.



And then we walked to Grauman's Chinese Theatre. We saw the Harry Potter cast hand prints, along with Bing Crosby, Shirley Temple, Gene Kelly, Meryl Streep (Who won the Oscar the next day for Best Actress) and my hand fit perfectly in Julie Andrews print :) Does that mean some of her talent will seep in through my hand??







That night we relaxed at Jo's house, made some pizza, watched Harry Potter and baked cupcakes. Pretty successful weekend!

2 comments:

Linda Z said...

Fun stuff! :) I'm reading Julie Andrews autobiography right now. Her upbringing was so interesting and different than I thought it would be.

Did Joan like your Oscar ensemble? :)

Tamara said...

Oh that's so fun! Maybe after you finish the autobiography we can trade and you can read the Patti LuPone one :)