Saturday, August 23, 2008

I made it...

I'm finally at CBU - moved into my apartment yesterday and have already unpacked all my stuff. Finding a way to store all of my shoes was a task, but I found a way :) I'll post pics of my new place once I get my new laptop on Monday (my roommate is letting me use her comp)...

So yesterday was move-in/check-in. My family came down and helped me move my stuff in, took me to Target to get a few essentials and went on their way. I unpacked a little and then went to a music student meeting for announcements, then dinner in the Alumni Dining Commons and music registration (picking up music, pictures, and signing up for private instruction). Then I went over to an ice cream social in the ADC and met my Focus Team leaders (that's the group I'll be doing activities with during orientation). They were very nice and we had fun just visiting. Then back to the apartment to unpack more and sleep...

Today was a LONG day. Singing from 9am to 9pm. TWELVE HOURS... in case you didn't add it up :) I'm exhausted, yet refreshed at the same time. Lots of good music, sight reading, and tons of amazingly talented musicians. It's pretty overwhelming. I've never really been in an environment like this. Doc put me on the spot to sing in front of everybody already - geez, I thought I'd be okay on the first day! :) He played this game where he picked a song with a long solo and he'd just pick different people to sing the solo for awhile and then pick another person. When he explained it, I was dreading it, then thought he'd only pick veterans, but no. I was wrong. I didn't have much time to think... as I was avoiding eye contact, I heard "Shibata!" and looked up to see him point at me and start the music... eek! It went well, but it's just really intimidating cause there's just so much talent here! So pray for me if you think of it! :)

Okay, I need to sleep now.

I miss you all and hope all is well. Please keep me updated with your lives. Shoot me an email or give me a call...

No comments: