Sunday, August 31, 2008

Great weekend so far!


My sister, Tiffany, came down south this last Friday and Saturday to celebrate our friend, Katherine's 21st birthday.  Friday night we had a great girls night and then Saturday we went to the Hollywood Bowl and saw John Williams live in concert!!!!!!!!  He was conducting his own music and it was absolutely AMAZING.  It was just incredible sitting through a concert hearing all of the beautiful music he's written.  For those of you who don't know who John Williams is, he has written the music from:

Star Wars
E.T.
Jaws
Indiana Jones
Superman
Harry Potter
The Olympics
Sabrina (the remake)  
Jurassic Park
Hook
... and many many more greats.  If you're interested, here's a link to his many compositions:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0002354/

Sitting through the concert, I was in awe of all of the beautiful music he's composed.  It just makes me wonder what goes through a person's mind who writes such awesome music!  Really... how do you do that??  How do you hear the melodies and arrangements? Orchestrations?  AMAZING.

 

That was a great start to the long weekend.  Tiff had to go home Saturday night, but this morning (Sun), my Auntie Susan and cousin Brooke picked me up and brought me to San Diego.  We're now staying with and visiting with my cousin Jessica... it's the first time I've gotten to visit her at her house and it's just been really relaxing and nice to laugh and let your guard down with people who know and love you.   We also went to BJ's and had pizzookies tonight... mmmmmm :)



A couple more days of fun and school starts on Thursday!  Eek!  :)

1 comment:

Linda Z said...

Oh, how amazing that you got to see John Williams... and at the Hollywood Bowl!! I'm trying not to be jealous!! I love movie scores!! I like some of his lesser known stuff like Sabrina, The Terminal, and Far and Away. Some of my other favorite composers are Hans Zimmer, Rachel Portman, Patrick Doyle, Ennio Morricone, and Dave Grusin.