Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Highlights from a great weekend in San Diego


I love long weekends. This past weekend involved my sister (Tiffany), her boyfriend (Mike), my cousin (Brooke), Auntie Susan, and me visiting my cousin (Jessica) and her husband (Steve) down in San Diego. We went last fall to visit Jessica, minus Tiff, M
ike, and Steve. We arrived on Friday afternoon, went out to dinner and my sis, Jess, and I went to a free Pete Yorn concert. I admit, I had never heard of Pete Yorn, but he was good and the concert was really fun.


The next day consisted of sitting by the pool and relaxing
while the boys barbecued steaks and other yummy foods.
We also went to a bunch of craft/bead stores. The next
morning we went to service at Steve and Jessica's church, which was awesome. We then spent the rest of the day at the beach in Oceanside - reading, going in the water, napping, eating, all those good things. That night we went to Benihana's for Jessica's bday dinner - yummy!

The next morning (Monday), Tiff and Mike left to go home, and the rest of us went to the San Diego Zoo. I hadn't been there since I was little and it was so much fun! We saw every animal you could imagine, plus some that I could never
name! I even got to feed a camel :) So fun! That pretty much sums up my weekend! Doesn't get much better than that!


School starts on Thursday... Eeeeeek!!

No comments: